Thursday 14 March 2013

Bernard's Thursday ride looked inviting on paper but I was dubious about his claim for a nice slot in the weather. I opted for another sojourn into town on the fixed gear shopper bike down the nice flat Middlebrook trail. Despite the wind behind me the icy cold bit through the two pair of gloves I had on, the long johns and thinsulate lined trousers kept the nether regions comfortable. The snowdrops falling from a grey cold looking sky gave a little comfort from my decision to not  accept Bernard's invitation to ride over to the car wash cafe. Once in town and into the shops for odds and ends I nicely warmed up, the temperature had also raised a tad or so. The weighted down shopper carried me back the way I had come, back home now along the Middlebrook, though now I was into a headwind. I reflected that at least Bernard and company would have a nice tail wind home from the car wash cafe, they would be thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment