Saturday 1 June 2013

I could not believe it!!

Friday, two days after my day of woe, and I set forth again on my trackie bike to ride my 26 mile Coppull circuit. The day was fine but extremely breezy, nice enough again for short sleeve top and shorts. The ride was going well, on through Rivi and down Long Lane to Chorley, I was sprinting (in a fashion) up the hills allowing myself to enjoy the agony of lactic acid coursing through the legs,ooh ahh ooh!!
Swooping down the hill at Cowling I felt the front tyre going soft, sh..! I was going to use the momentum for another shot of pain ascending the short steep with as much gusto as possible without falling off half way up due to legs knotting up. I eased to a stop and checked the front wheel, yep, definitely going soft, another puncture. 'I don't believe it'.
A slick repair and I am off again but starting on a hill in a fixed gear is a bit different than having a run at it so it's a bit of a struggle to the top. 
Fortunately I am able to finish the ride without further problems, other than getting up the hills at pace that is. The longer hills present a problem that I am working on, not being able to sprint to the top I just settle down to excruciating pain over longer periods, the only trouble is, the pain slows me down thus extending the time to the top. If only the feeling of ecstasy felt going down the other side lasted as long the ride would be perfect, but then again nothing ever is.

No comments:

Post a Comment